2015 FV3 Series season
|2015 FV3 Series season|
|Drivers' Champion: Drake Davies|
|Teams' Champions: Formation Competition|
|Previous: 2014||Next: 2016|
FV2 • VWRS
FV3 • VERS • VARS • VOARS
FV2 Winter Series
The 2015 FV3 Series will be the second season of the series, although the first run under the new name, having changed from European Junior Grand Prix Championship. FV3 is run as a support series for Formula Virtual and FV2, and is run by Bradley Downton. The series will follow all European rounds of the 2015 Formula Virtual World Championship.
The EJGP/1 chassis will be used for a second season - although it will be renamed the FV3/1 chassis - with the same 1.6 litre production-based engines built by Ford.
Klaas van Snelheid will be the reigning champion but will not defend his title after stepping up to the 2015 Virtual World Racing Series. Formation Competition - the team that took van Snelheid to the title - will be the reigning team's champions.
Teams and drivers
|Formation Competition||1||Drake Davies||All|
|Pegasus International||4||Yrjänä Vähäsöyrinki||All|
|5||Rodolfo de la Fuente||All|
|Higgs Grand Prix||7||Peter O'Riley||All|
|8||Alfredo di Fernandez||All|
|Smith Motorsport||10||Artur Słobodowa||All|
|American Engineering||13||Germund Svensson||All|
|DeMarco Team||16||Vito Certonio||All|
|Signature Performance||19||Aleksandr Hadžić||All|
|Schneider Motoren||22||Thierry Xylander||All|
|Lapierre Formule||28||Lucas Tétrault||1–6|
- Yrjänä Vähäsöyrinki will move into the series from FV2, joining Pegasus International.
- Danielle LeClaire will join the series with Formation Competition.
- Alfredo di Fernandez and Gus Addison will make their débuts in the series, both driving for Higgs Grand Prix.
- Ted Kamen will enter the series driving for American Engineering.
- Zhivko Dimitrov will become the first Bulgarian in the series when he makes his début for Signature Performance.
- Leon Xylander will join the series with Schneider Motoren.
- Luca Andreolli will step down from the FV2 Series and race for DeMarco Team.
- Having joined AutoInternational part-way through 2014, Rodolfo de la Fuente will switch to Pegasus International.
- Ikram Aliyev will switch from American Engineering to Signature Performance.
- Klaas van Snelheid and Finn Schnyder both left the series to move into the VWRS, however both remained with Formation Competition.
- After a part-season with Lapierre Formule in 2014 Didier Arnaud left the series in favour of a switch to the VWRS.
- Niklas Kehlmann left the series to graduate to FV2 with Morley Development Racing.
- Nikolajis Christodoulou left Schneider Motoren and moved up to FV2 with American Engineering.
- After a partial season in 2014, Viktor Östberg left the series to move to the VWRS with Johnstone Race Engineering.
- Rafael Martínez moved up to FV2 with North Star Racing.
- Ellenør Haugland left the series to graduate to FV2 racing for Sunrise Necromancer.
- Allar Kangur will step up to FV2 where he will compete for Signature Performance.
The series will continue to follow every European round on the Formula Virtual calendar and as a result of the changes to the FV calendar, this means Jerez, Paul Ricard and Imola will host their first ever FV3 rounds. Sweden will also join the calendar, opening the season and acting as the season's stand-alone event. In another big change, there will now be two races over a weekend - similar to FV3 - a feature race and a sprint race.
|1||Feature||Anderstorp Raceway, Anderstorp||31 October||none (stand-alone event)|
|2||Feature||Circuito Permanente de Jerez, Jerez de la Frontera||11 November||2015 Spanish V-Prix|
|3||Feature||Autodromo do Estoril, Estoril||9 December||2015 Portuguese V-Prix|
|4||Feature||Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet||1 January||2015 French V-Prix|
|5||Feature||Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone||9 January||2015 British V-Prix|
|6||Feature||Nürburgring, Nürburg||6 February||2015 German V-Prix|
|7||Feature||Circuit Park Zandvoort, Zandvoort||13 February||none1|
|8||Feature||Circuit Spa Francorchamps, Francorchamps||24 March||2015 Belgian V-Prix|
|9||Feature||Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola||1 April||2015 Italian V-Prix|
1 The Dutch round was due to support the 2015 Dutch V-Prix, however bugs were found with the circuit meaning the FV cars couldn't run, but juniors championships were still able to go ahead.
- The FV3 series visited Jerez, Paul Ricard and Imola for the first time in 2015 after the races changed location on the FV calendar.
- Sweden joined the calendar as a new event and became the season opener and stand-alone event.
- As a result of the new additions to the Formula Virtual calendar, Austria lost it's place and therefore did not feature in FV3 either.
Results and standings
Points are awarded to the top twelve classified finishers in the feature, and top ten in the sprint race using the following structures. Feature race pole also awards three points for pole, while both races award one point for fastest lap.
Feature Race points
Sprint Race points